To connect to MSK-IX, please perform the following steps:
- Contact the MSK-IX administrative representatives and determine the appropriate connection parameters: PoP location, port configuration and speed. MSK-IX can provide colocation or assist you in remote connection via partner networks.
- Obtain your organization ID and the allocated MSK-IX port details.
- Sign a service agreement with MSK-IX. For Internet eXchange service, MSK-IX offers a 14-day trial period.
- Provision a cross-connect line between your equipment and the alocated MSK-IX port. Indicate the cross-connect markup to MSK-IX technical representatives. To obtain a Letter of Authorization from MSK-IX, send a request to MSK-IX administrative representatives (Template in Russian).
- Arrange payment of installation fees.
- Request your access to MY.IX.RU Customer Portal.
Provide your configuration details to administrative and technical representatives of MSK-IX:
- MAC address of your router
- If connecting to common (peering) VLAN: FQDN to setup reverse DNS and PTR records
- Required protocols: IPv4 and / or IPv6 (default IPv4)
- Upon enabling, your MSK-IX port is configured in the Quarantine VLAN. When your setup is finished, send notification to MSK-IX NOC (email@example.com). If the quarantine tests detect no errors, your port is configured to a VLAN as per your order. MSK-IX may extend the quarantine tests in case of non-compliance with the Technological Requirements.
- Configure BGP sessions with the Route Server and / or with other MSK-IX participants. If necessary, establish peering with DNS servers. Do not forget to update your Internet Routing Registry (IRR) and PeeringDB records.